1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before? I got divorced. Not exactly something I want to repeat…never again!
2. Did anyone close to you die? Not overly close, but I still think about her from time to time – my stepfather’s mother.
3. What was the best thing you bought? Hmmm…I’m pretty fond of my very comfortable bed. Oh and my car was paid off this month!!
4. Where did most of your money go? This year it was the divorce and paying the bills associated with it.
5. What did you get really, really, really excited about? I have something in mind but I better not…maybe Obama winning!
6. What song will always remind you of 2008? Waiting for the World to Change – John Mayer
7. Compared to this time last year, are you:
I. happier or sadder? Much happier. Last year sucked.
ii. thinner or fatter? Eh, still wear the same stuff…probably the same size.
iii. richer or poorer? Depends. I definitely have more money at my disposal but I’ve been spending too.
8. What was your favorite TV program? Either Mad Men, Chuck, Heroes or Psych. I can’t decide, love them all!
9. What was the best book you read this year? Hmmm. No idea. I was most excited to read Twilight but its not written very well.
10. What was your favorite film of this year? Dark Knight or maybe Prince Caspian. But Twilight left me sighing in the movie seat.
11. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you? Worked. Sad I know but I felt no desire to do anything. I turned 27.
12. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? I better not…
13. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? T-shirt and jeans…I never change I’m afraid.
14. What kept you sane? My family, as always.
15. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Hmmm, not really anyone this year. Sad that Heath Ledger died though.
16. Who was the best new person you met in 2008? Brad. Yup. By and large.
17. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008? When it comes to men, there are only certain ones worth your time. I won’t elaborate other than to say I dated a slime that I will never forget or forgive for the torture he put me through.
18. What was your job this year? Same as it has been for many years – security alarm dispatcher and I love it!
19. Did you have any encounters with the police in 2008? Yes. See the previous mentioned slime.
20. Have you run into anybody you graduated high school with? SEEN? No. But I do run into them on Facebook and MySpace all the time.
21. Describe your birthday. Um, see above…strange question.
22.) Any new additions to your family? Not this year. Tristan was born last year.
23.) What from pop culture will you remember 2008 by? Either Twilight or Dark Knight.
24.) How do you plan to ring in 2009? At work…sniff, sniff. Sigh.
25.) What’s something you learned about yourself? That I deserve someone worthy of me, and I am very worthy of having someone spectacular!