1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper for anything easy to wrap, bags for that odd shaped stuff.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Fake. I love the smell of real, but its such a pain to keep alive!
3. When do you put up the tree? As close to Thanksgiving as I feel like decorating, sometimes before, sometimes after. Was always the day after Turkey Day when I was a kid.
4. When do you take the tree down? ASAP after Christmas Day. I’m a scrooge like that I guess.
5. Do you like eggnog? LOVE IT!
6. Favorite gift received as a child? My Cabbage Patch Kid. I drug her around til I was 10 and she got lost in a move.
7. Hardest person to buy for? My brother. He never likes anything.
8. Easiest person to buy for? Either my sister or my mom – they like all kinds of things.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Nope.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Neither. I stopped doing them when I didn’t get any in return. Haven’t got any in years.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I better not…family reads this.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? A Christmas Story with John Denver. It was filmed in my hometown just before my family moved there in 1984. That or Love Actually.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Some years I’m done by Thanksgiving, and other years I haven’t even started.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes, I’m afraid.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Prime Rib or maybe all those cookies…
16. Lights on the tree? Yes. White. Always.
17. Favorite Christmas song? Carol of the Bells.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home. Maybe travel a short distance…not too much travel either way.
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Yup
20. Angel on the tree-top or a star? Neither…its one of those 1940s/1950s mercury glass “drops”
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? When I was a kid I could open ONE on Christmas Eve – always PJs so Mom could take pictures of us looking nice. Now its always whenever I can. I don’t even get to really open anything until tomorrow this year anyway.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Traffic and shopping…sometimes I just want to be in and out!
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I have a thing for silver or “icy” decorations. My favorite ornament now is this little doll my aunt sent me from Africa when she was a missionary there (Congo) when I was 10. My 1st Xmas ornament was lost in a move about that same time…a baby in a baby carriage. I loved that thing!
24. Favorite food for Christmas dinner? Prime Rib…yes, I have a thing for Prime Rib!
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? No clue. Everyone ignores any list I give them anyway so I gave up years ago. I’d adore getting a Kitchen