1. What’s your #1 comfort food? Meatloaf with mashed potatoes. Yup. Especially if my mom makes it!
2. If you were on a deserted island, what one food would you want to have with you? Coconuts. They can be so useful – prevent dehydration, food, use the shell to cut things, cups and tools, etc. Okay that’s boring…um hamburgers I guess. I ate a hamburger everyday for lunch in college and never got sick of it.
3. What is/are your signature dishes? (What dishes are you ‘known’ for?) Pies and breads mostly. I volunteer to make those usually. No one even thinks about them for the holidays as they are mine to bring, and mine alone. Kinda like candy for my sister.
4. It’s Friday night, you don’t know what to cook. You opt for… frozen pizza or fast food. Yeah I know!! But by my “Friday” I’m tired and want a night off. I think about cooking on my “Saturday”.
5. What’s your biggest weakness when it comes to food? Free. Free means I get the chance to decide how much I really like it, and if it was worth the price (which sad to say, most stuff is).
6. What food can you absolutely not eat? I despise beets, liver and Jell-o with a passion. Never. NEVER!!!
7. You need a drink. You grab a… iced tea with lemon, no sugar. I’m boring. But it always tastes good no matter what you are eating. And has diet impact.
8. What’s the most decadent dish you’ve had? Hmm. I’d say some of the buffet dessert items I’ve had from the casinos, Melting Pot, Cheesecake Factory, etc. Any place with good chocolate and/or cheesecake
9. What’s your favorite type of food? Dessert. Chocolate. And good chocolate!!
10. Favorite dish? Hmm. I have no idea honestly. I usually tell people my favorite food is BBQ Chicken Pizza. But its not really. I love trying new foods and never really settle I guess.
11. If your partner could take you to any restaurant you wanted, which one would it be? Hmm. First let me get a partner and then I’d go with the Melting Pot if I was going to do local restaurants. Their fondue is amazing both in taste and presentation. As for any restaurant in the world? Oy. I have no idea.
12. Are you a soup or salad person? Soup in winter, salad in summer. Of course! 🙂
13. Buffet, take-out or sit-down restaurant? Buffet. Everyone is happy and if you change your mind half way through you can get something else.
14. What’s the most impressive dinner you’ve ever made? Hmm…I have made some really really good pizzas. They kind that leave you drooling on yourself!
15. Do you consider yourself a good cook? Yup. What do you think? Do you think I’m a good cook?
16. Do you know what vichyssoise is? Yup. Never had it though – I need to go to better French restaurants or make it myself (I didn’t photograph it but its in there – page 22).
17. Who’s your favorite TV cook?Jamie Oliver by far – he is my cooking hero as he makes beautiful food porn!! Something that is NOT true for most TV personalities. And I love how he plates things…its not a science its just meant to be beautiful and yummy looking.
18. Can you name at least three TV cooking personalities? Ha! I’m a bad fan if I couldn’t! Jamie Oliver (see above!!), Tyler Florence (I adore his recipes) and lets see…Alton Brown for my last (I love his methods! So precise!) . I’m a big fan of these 3 and MANY MANY more…
19. Homemade or homemade from a box? Homemade. Sure a box is faster and what I usually do but I don’t eat it cause it tastes good.
20. Name 3 or more other foodies you are going to tag. Nope. I hate getting tagged, I’m not going to do it to anyone else…but feel free to take it upon yourself if you like!!